Baltimore County Green Alliance Meeting
Time & Location
About the Event
Other Maryland counties have bolstered their forest conservation laws, why not Baltimore County? This was the op-ed by Deborah "Spice" Kleinmann, Chair of BCGA Member, Greater Baltimore Sierra Club, that appeared in last Wednesday's Baltimore Sun. It urges the County to match or exceed what our neighboring counties have done to protect forests, a priority in the BCGA's current strategic plan that will be discussed at our virtual meeting on Tuesday, June 29 at 6:30 PM. The meeting will also feature new County Chief Sustainability Officer, Jen Aiosa, as our guest speaker. Most will remember that Jen was previously Executive Director of Blue Water Baltimore, a founding BCGA member.
Other important topics will include:
(1) Voting on 6 New Organizational Members (see agenda for details)
(2) Updates / Feedback Requested on 5 Strategic Plan Initiatives:
- Forest Conservation and Forest Buffer Legislation
- Enhancing City-County Cooperation - outline of potential grant proposal
- Master Plan Advocacy - research proposal
- Revision of Open Space Laws - new County work group
- Environmental Education Inventory
- (3) Proposed Calendar for FY 2022 . To get an email with the agenda, a link to add the meeting to your calendar, and the log-in info., register now.