February 13, 2023
Scholarships are now available for residents of the Maryland 44B District. Delegate Aletheia McCaskill, one of our newly elected members of the Maryland House of Delegates, believes that part of her responsibility is to offer opportunities for our community whenever possible. Delegate McCaskill, who is an advocate of quality education, states:
"Having proper education and instruction is a gateway to prosperity. Part of my philosophy of education, is that education serves many purposes; it builds character and connects us to the unknown. Yes, to some degree, education can lead to financial prosperity. But the measure of wealth can truly be defined by an individual's character. Education should develop a person holistically, so that we can live in tolerance and fairness and not hostility and ridicule. I'm wishing you all the absolute best with your educational endeavors!"
Be a current high school senior, or full-time or part-time, degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student.
Be a current resident of Maryland Legislative District 44B.
File an application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 1, 2023;
The scholarship applies to a Maryland college, university, or other MHEC-accredited postsecondary educational program as a full-time or part-time student taking at least 6 credits. (You may use this scholarship at an out-of-state school if your major is not available at any Maryland institution.)
1 Scholarship Packet Content: Your scholarship application packet must be submitted via Google Forms or must be sent by U.S. mail and postmarked by May 1, 2023, to the following address (no faxes or emails will be accepted):
Delegate Aletheia McCaskill
6 Bladen St., Room 326
Annapolis, MD 21401
Your application package will be reviewed and not all applicants may be awarded. Your scholarship application packet must include the following:
(1) A completed Delegate McCaskill Scholarship Application Form (electronic or hard copy)
(2) An essay of at least 500 words (not more than 1,000) located on page 8
(3) Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, job supervisors or mentors (no family members or personal friends). The individuals must have personally interacted with you through supervision, instruction, guidance, and/or some important aspect of your life. References should include contact information (if it is not indicated in the letterhead). One recommendation must be from an academic official such as a school leader, teacher, advisor, or counselor;
(4) An official transcript (email or hard copy) from your former or current school, to include your most recent grades, or an official copy of your GED certificate; if sending a hard copy, please send to the following address: Delegate Aletheia McCaskill 6 Bladen St., Room 326, Annapolis, MD
(5) CREATE A STUDENT ACCOUNT THROUGH THE MDCAPS SYSTEM SPONSORED BY MHEC: The applicant must create a student account in order for an award to be processed and received. They may do so by clicking the following link: https://mdcaps.mhec.state.md.us/. Please fill out MHEC ID NUMBER when prompted.
Reminder: If you are submitting your application through Google Forms and you are using a Google account, your application will be autosaved as the form is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact: Delegate Aletheia McCaskill 's Office at (410) 841-3692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share with family, friends and neighbors. Don't forget to subscribe to the 4410online.com for updated news and information.